just the round-up - The week in drinks
The most popular stories of the week on just-drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
CHINA: Diageo signs deal to control China's ShuiJingFang spirits group
Diageo has signed a deal to take a controlling stake in China's Sichuan Chengdu Quanxing Group, paving the way for the drinks giant to acquire one of the country's leading white spirits producers.
CANADA: PepsiCo launches “brighter mornings” Tropicana campaign
PepsiCo is to launch a marketing campaign for its Tropicana juice brand in Canada, with a focus on the remote Arctic town of Inuvik.
US: E&J Gallo Winery sued over Pinot Noir scandal
E&J Gallo Winery is facing a lawsuit over the wine firm's link to the Pinot Noir wine fraud scandal in France.
CHILE: Earthquake halts Concha y Toro wine production
Heavy damage to wineries and vineyards caused by one of the worst earthquakes in Chile's recent history has forced Vina Concha y Toro to suspend wine production and logistics operations.
UK: Carlsberg signs Tetley's beer deals
Carlsberg has signed deals to split brewing of its Tetley's beer in the UK between Molson Coors and Marston's.
UK: Drinks industry fears duty tax hike
There is growing pressure from UK Government ministers for a significant hike in duty tax on spirits in the upcoming UK Budget, according to drinks industry leaders.
Focus - BELGIUM: A-B InBev to expand cost savings beyond 2011
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said it is working on a fresh round of cost savings beyond the close of its current synergies programme in 2011.
The Coca-Cola Co has reiterated that there is no link between the firm and acts of violence allegedly committed against union leaders and family members of its drinks bottlers in Guatemala.
CANADA/US: Molson Coors targets "smart" acquisitions
The CEO of Molson Coors has said that the brewer is on the lookout for "smart" acquisitions.
EUR: European Court delivers minimum pricing ruling
Scottish plans to introduce minimum pricing for alcohol have been dealt a blow by a ruling from the European Court of Justice.
Drinks companies, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, have targeted their efforts at the developing markets of the world in recent years. Not only has the trend reaped rewards in terms of sales, but mul...
Is beer good for you? The health benefits and drawbacks of beer have long been studied and debated. But is beer good for your country? Most definitely, conclude Larry Nelson and Frank Zappa....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)