just the preview - SABMiller Q2
SABMiller, the global brewer, is to release an update on trading in its second fiscal quarter on Thursday (15 October).
Below, we take a look at the highs and lows for the firm, owner of drinks brands such as Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Grolsch, in the three months to the end of September.
- In a move lauded by analysts and investors, SABMilller said it would offer 10% of shares in its South African Breweries subsidiary to black investors.
- The UK-listed brewer said it expected flat beer volumes in Europe for its full-year.
- Alan Clark, MD of SABMiller Europe, also warned of tax rises in all the brewer's European markets.
- SABMiller announced it will build a GBP2m (US$3.3m) global research brewery in the UK city of Nottingham.
- The group reported flat lager volumes for Q1, despite rises in Africa and Asia.
- SABMiller's China joint venture, China Resources Snow Breweries, appointed SABMiller's Asia chief as its new chairman.
- The brewer took legal action against Diageo over a dispute in Tanzania.
- The firm said it would begin brewing less expensive Grolsch in Russia.
- The group has calculated its water use "footprint" for its brewing businesses in Czech Republic and South Africa, as part of efforts to cut water usage.
- SABMiller said it would build a new brewery in Namibia.
- At the end of the quarter, the firm announced a global campaign for Grolsch.
- This week, the group appointed Paolo Lanzarotti as its managing director for India.
As Heineken CEO Jean-Francois Van Boxmeer last week hailed the opening of the firm's brewery with Diageo in South Africa as "a victory for consumer choice", it is clear that a new battle for supremacy...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research