just The Preview - Pernod Ricard Q3
Pernod Ricard will release its Q3 results on Thursday (26 April)
- A new year, and a chance for a fresh start - Pernod Ricard began 2012 by settling a year-long dispute over prices with French retailer E. Leclerc. The rapprochement saw brands such as Jameson, Malibu and Absolut return to Leclerc's shelves.
- The end of January saw Pernod's US unit line up Southern Wine & Spirits of America to distribute its brands in the state of Washington. The two companies already work together in 28 US states.
- There was still time left in the month for Pernod to install Dave Kluz as its premium wine brands' strategy director after acting as a consultant to the division for about two years.
- The company looked to up its whisky profile in China in February by releasing a TV ad for its Royal Salute Scotch brand.
- In March, Pernod launched a campaign to encourage UK wine sellers to push more expensive brands. It was a sincere effort, but some asked if there weren't better ways for Pernod to spend its time.
For Pernod Ricard's H1 results, click here.
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research