just The Preview - Pernod Ricard Q3
Pernod Ricard will release its Q3 results on Thursday (26 April)
- A new year, and a chance for a fresh start - Pernod Ricard began 2012 by settling a year-long dispute over prices with French retailer E. Leclerc. The rapprochement saw brands such as Jameson, Malibu and Absolut return to Leclerc's shelves.
- The end of January saw Pernod's US unit line up Southern Wine & Spirits of America to distribute its brands in the state of Washington. The two companies already work together in 28 US states.
- There was still time left in the month for Pernod to install Dave Kluz as its premium wine brands' strategy director after acting as a consultant to the division for about two years.
- The company looked to up its whisky profile in China in February by releasing a TV ad for its Royal Salute Scotch brand.
- In March, Pernod launched a campaign to encourage UK wine sellers to push more expensive brands. It was a sincere effort, but some asked if there weren't better ways for Pernod to spend its time.
For Pernod Ricard's H1 results, click here.
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL