just The Preview - Pernod Ricard Q3
Pernod Ricard will release its Q3 results on Thursday (26 April)
- A new year, and a chance for a fresh start - Pernod Ricard began 2012 by settling a year-long dispute over prices with French retailer E. Leclerc. The rapprochement saw brands such as Jameson, Malibu and Absolut return to Leclerc's shelves.
- The end of January saw Pernod's US unit line up Southern Wine & Spirits of America to distribute its brands in the state of Washington. The two companies already work together in 28 US states.
- There was still time left in the month for Pernod to install Dave Kluz as its premium wine brands' strategy director after acting as a consultant to the division for about two years.
- The company looked to up its whisky profile in China in February by releasing a TV ad for its Royal Salute Scotch brand.
- In March, Pernod launched a campaign to encourage UK wine sellers to push more expensive brands. It was a sincere effort, but some asked if there weren't better ways for Pernod to spend its time.
For Pernod Ricard's H1 results, click here.
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"