just the preview – Pernod Ricard FY
Back in April, the drinks firm posted a dip in sales for the third quarter, with sales in the nine months to the end of March coming in flat.
Below, we take a look at the highs and lows of the last three months of the France-based company's fiscal year.
- Also in April, Pernod launched a EUR1bn rights issue, which, analysts at the time claimed should secure the firm's financing until 2013.
- Two weeks later, Pernod said it was rolling out Beefeater 24, an extension of the Beefeater gin portfolio, in the US.
- Then, in May, the company appointed Lauren Simkin as the new general manager of its wine and Champagne business in the US, as part of a re-organisation of the division's sales team.
- In June, Pernod confirmed that it was in talks over fresh disposals, after completing the sale of Wild Turkey to Campari in April. Sure enough, in late-July, Pernod confirmed another divestment when it announced the sale of the Tia Maria coffee liqueur brand to Illva Saronno for EUR125m.
- Towards the end of the company's final quarter, Pernod announced a series of executive management changes across its business.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
Pernod Ricard has won a court ruling to protect the image of its Malibu flavoured rum brand, including its signature opaque white bottle, in the US....
Organisers of the London International Wine Fair have said that they remain confident for 2010, despite withdrawals of several high-profile wine companies, including Constellation Brands and E&J Gallo...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly