just The Preview - PepsiCo Q3
PepsiCo will report results for its fiscal third quarter tomorrow (12 October)
PepsiCo will report results for its fiscal third quarter tomorrow (12 October). Here, just-drinks brings you highlights of the company's news in the three months to 4 September.
- PepsiCo started off the quarter with the launch of its PepsiCo 'PepsiCo 10' programme in Europe, which aimed to give ten emerging technology companies an opportunity to work with the soft drinks giant. Winners of the programme were awarded GBP10,000 (US$16,375) each.
- June was also the month that PepsiCo confirmed it would increase soft drink prices in the US in the second half of the year. By the end of the summer, PepsiCo's drinks prices were 5% to 7% higher than a year ago.
- In July, the CEO of PepsiCo told China's vice-premier Wang Qishan that the soft drinks giant is keen to increase its investment in China. Having already pledged a US$2.5bn investment last year, Indra Nooyi said the company is confident about its business in China.
- In the same month, PepsiCo joined forces with social networking site FourSquare for a summer campaign in the US. The promotion was part of its 'Summertime is Pepsi Time' campaign - the first summer promotion campaign for the brand in the US in three years.
- A month later, PepsiCo responded to reports that it was looking to split its snacks and beverage divisions. The company denied the rumours, which surfaced after Kraft Foods announced that would separate split its own business in two.
- PepsiCo ended the quarter with the introduction of a smaller 25cl can for the Pepsi Max, Diet Pepsi and Pepsi brands in the UK. The launch marks the first time 25cl soft drinks cans have been available in the UK.
For PepsiCo's Q2 and H1 results, click here.
Click play, below, to view the thoughts of PepsiCo's CEO, Indra Nooyi, on the company's structural changes announced earlier today (12 March)....
A change in legislation in California this month has put The Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo in a soft drink pickle. Ray Rowlands, for one, fears a case of history repeating itself....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research