just The Preview - PepsiCo Q2 & H1
PepsiCo will publish its first-half results tomorrow (21 July)
PepsiCo will reports its second-quarter and half-year results tomorrow (21 July). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to 13 June.
- April saw PepsiCo's Thai bottler, Serm Suk, terminate its contract with the US soft drinks giant due to a disagreement over terms. The two firms were due to sign a new bottling agreement on 31 March, however neither were able to agree on new terms.
- A month later, and PepsiCo launched a Social Vending System in the US, featuring interactive technology that allows consumers to 'gift' a beverage to a colleague. The unit features touch screen digital technology, whereby consumers can purchase a drink, entering the recipient's name, mobile number and a personalised text message.
- Also in May, PepsiCo completed its tender offer to buy all outstanding Wimm-Bill Dann shares. PepsiCo commenced the offer to purchase the shares in March, as part of its takeover of the Russian drinks and dairy giant.
- In June, PepsiCo launched its 'PepsiCo 10' programme in Europe, which aims to give ten emerging technology companies an opportunity to work with the soft drinks giant. Launched in the US last year, the programme will see PepsiCo partner with ten chosen companies to execute pilot programmes with PepsiCo UK brands, awarding them GBP10,000 (US$16,375) each.
For PepsiCo's Q1 results, click here.
Pepsi Bottling Ventures (PBV) has appointed a president and CEO to replace Keith Reimer....
A US consumer has filed a lawsuit against PepsiCo in the US over the firm's Tropicana orange juice claims, according to reports....
Pepsi Beverages Co has signed a long-term partnership agreement in the US to become official drinks supplier to Atlanta-based venue the Gwinnett Centre....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research