just the preview – Fortune Brands' Q4 and FY
Fortune Brands announces its Q4 results on Friday (29 January)
Fortune Brands, the parent company of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, will report its fourth quarter and full-year results tomorrow (29 January).
Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for Beam Global in the three months to the end of December.
- Earlier this month, Beam Global appointed Byron Hoover as its first vice president for whiskey.
- Back in November, Fortune's CFO, Craig Omtvedt, told an investor conference that the company expects to increase the proportion of Beam Global's sales from outside of the US. Omtvedt said he saw "significant international growth opportunities" in spirits.
- Also in November, Beam Global announced the closure of one of its four bottling plants in the US. The facility in Cincinnati, Ohio, will close, with operations being moved to its plants in Clermont and Frankfort in Kentucky,
- A week earlier, the general manager of Courvoisier, Beam Global's Cognac arm, told just-drinks that he was still cautious on talk of an economic recovery in its key US market. Patrice Pinet noted, however, that he was increasingly optimistic about the UK, Russia and Asia.
- In October, Beam Global announced a realignment of its organisation, both in the US and internationally. The changes have been introduced to "strengthen the long-term performance of its brands and promote organisational effectiveness and efficiency", the company said.
- This realignment will result in what the division called “modest” job cuts. Beam Global intends to to cut staff numbers, with some positions being eliminated and new positions set to be filled to enhance capabilities in certain areas.
For Fortunes Q3 results, click here.
According to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), about 70% of the 2.5bn litres of fruit and vegetable juices sold in Mexico in 2009 were produced domestically. Mexico exported US$266.99m worth of...
Don Sebastiani & Sons has confirmed the appointment of a chief financial officer....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends