just The Preview - Dr Pepper Snapple Group Q3
Dr Pepper Snapple Group will report results for its fiscal third quarter on Wednesday (26 October)
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) will report results for its fiscal third quarter on Wednesday (26 October). Here, just-drinks brings you highlights of the company's news in the three months to the end of September.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group started off the quarter with the launch of its Mott's Garden Blend vegetable juice range in the US. This is the company's first foray into the vegetable juice category.
- Also in July, DPSG's CEO, Larry Young, voiced concerns about current weak consumer spending in the US, warning that it had been weaker than initially expected. As a result, the company said it would have to raise prices slightly higher than originally anticipated, in order to offset rising costs and to fund extra marketing in a bid to keep consumers buying key brands in the second half of the year.
- In August, DPSG announced a switch of leadership in its investor relations department, with the appointment of department VP, Carolyn Ross, as head of the function. The promotion followed the appointment of finance senior VP, Aly Noormohamed, as senior VP and business unit general manager for DPSG's warehouse direct division.
- A month later, and DPSG was still in the midst of a legal battle with US bottler Dr Pepper Bottling Co of Dublin. The small bottler launched a legal defence fund in September, in a bid to finance a lawsuit filed against the company by DPSG. In June, DPSG had accused Dublin Dr Pepper of violating its licence agreement.
For Dr Pepper Snapple Group's Q2 and H1 results, click here.
Molson Coors has confirmed a change on its board of directors....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads