Just the preview – Coca-Cola Co. Q3
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to release the results from its third quarter on Tuesday (20 October). Below, we take a look at the highs and lows for the firm in the three months to the end of September.
- In July, eyebrows were raised when Coca-Cola said it is trialling a fizzy milk drink called Vio in the US. The drink is a combination of sparkling water, cane sugar and rBGH-free skimmed milk.
- The long-running controversy over Coca-Cola's operations in Colombia took a turn for the better in August, when a US court ruled that there is no connection between the firm or its affiliated bottlers and the deaths and alleged torture of trade union leaders in the country.
- Also in August, the company announced that it is teaming up with its bottling partners in Mexico to invest around US$5bn over the next five years in the country. CEO Muhtar Kent said that the funds would be used to “develop infrastructure, technology, equipment, social programs, environmental initiatives, marketing activities, and grow our training and product portfolios with special emphasis on job protection and family economies”.
- just-drinks was in attendance in Zurich last month, when Coca-Cola unveiled full details of its global marketing campaign leading up to next year's World Cup in South Africa. At the event, Kent gave his opinion on calls for a so-called 'fat-tax', while one member of the just-drinks team realised a childhood dream.
- Earlier this week, in the US, the company confirmed reports that it will roll out a smaller can version of several of its brands, including Coke, in the US.
- Finally, in September, just-drinks interviewed Joe Tripodi, chief marketing officer for Coca-Cola.
For Coca-Cola's H1 and Q2 results, announced in July, click here.
The Coca-Cola Co is to launch its first global marketing campaign for Powerade....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research