just The Preview - Britvic Q1
Britvic will report interim results for its first-quarter tomorrow (25 January)
Britvic will report interim results for its first-quarter tomorrow (25 January). Here, just-drinks brings you the company's highlights for the 12 weeks to 20 December.
- The UK soft drinks firm impressed analysts at the start of the quarter, with Panmure Gordon predicting the company will produce double-digit EPS growth over the next three years. Despite the firm highlighting continued troubles in its Irish market, the analysts said Britvic's trading in 2011 so far had been in line with expectations.
- In November, the Tango producer announced plans to launch its Fruit Shoot brand across the US, as part of a strategy to expand beyond its domestic market. The company did not give a timeline for the launch, but said it hoped to build on three agreements, one with Pepsi Bottling Ventures, signed in the US last year. Britvic has not disclosed who the remaining two deals are with.
- Panmure Gordon analysts commented on Britvic once again in November, highlighting the firm's cost optimisation and efficiency programmes, which they said will deliver "improved margins over the course of next year" for the company.
- December saw the launch of Britvic's Gatorade G Series Pro range in the UK. The company rolled out a 'Game Changer' campaign to support the launch, comprising of print and online advertising.
For Britvic's full-year and Q4 earnings results, click here.
Richard Corbett has some encouraging words for Britvic, and that's something the company will warmly welcome right now....
It was the week the cap didn't fit for Britvic. An award-winning leak-proof lid on bottles of its Robinsons Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydro brands was supposed to mean no more school-bag spillag...
Britvic still has a "robust" business model, but may take some time to recover from its recent troubles, an analyst has said....
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research