just The Preview - Beam Inc Q1
Beam Inc will report its first-quarter results today (3 May)
Beam Inc will report its first-quarter results today (3 May). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of March.
Beam Inc celebrated the start of the year with the acquisition of Ireland's Cooley Distillery for US$95m on a debt-free basis. Beam plans to use the distillery's Kilbeggan brand to make the most of strong demand for Irish whiskey. A couple of weeks later the decision was vindicated - sales of Irish whiskey in the US overtook single malt Scotch.
On 25 January, Beam announced the creation of an MD role for emerging markets. Arthur Aroney will focus on increasing Beam's presence in Brazil and India.
At the start of March, strong Bourbon sales led Beam Inc to reaffirm its profits guidance for 2012. The announcement followed disappointing third-quarter results from rival Brown-Forman.
To view Beam Inc's full-year and Q4 results, click here.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research