just the facts - Wine exports in 2009
Chile and New Zealand stand out in a tough year
just-drinks brings you export figures for the major wine producer countries in 2009, courtesy of a report supplied this week by Rabobank.
All figures are in local currencies and sourced from national industry trade bodies.
- France reported a 9% fall in volume and a 19% fall in value.
- Spain reported a 10% fall in volume a 13.5% fall in value.
- Italy rose 6% in volume but fell 6% in value, making the best 'Old World' performer.
- The US saw exports fall 15% in volume and 10% in value.
- In South America, Argentina dropped 32% in volume and 1.6% in value.
- Chile rose by 18% in volume and crept up 0.1% in value.
- Australia rose by 9.4% in volume but slipped 8% in value.
- New Zealand performed the best, rising by 34% in volume and 13% in value.
- South Africa fell by 4.4% in volume. Value figures were not given.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends