just the Facts - Tequila Avion
Tequila Avion has teamed up with Pernod Ricard today. Click through to see its Avion Silver variant
Earlier today (20 July), Pernod Ricard announced the creation of a joint venture with Tequila Avión. Here are some details about the company.
- Based in New York, Tequila Avión was founded in 2009 by Ken Austin and Kenny Dichter.
- In July 2010, the company launched its namesake Tequila brand in the US.
- Avión is available in Silver, Reposado and Anejo varieties. The Silver variant is available at a SRP of around US$40 per bottle, with the other variants priced at $40+.
- According to the company, the Tequilas are produced by fifth-generation agave growers from the Blue Weber agave found in the highest regions of Jalisco, Mexico.
- Avión’s flavours are achieved through “a combination of slow-roasting at lower temperatures and an ultra-slow filtration process”.
- The variants are currently distributed in 23 US states and has recently been launched in Canada.
- When asked by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Pernod said the company does not disclose exact case sales or production.
Ten years on and the legacy of Pernod Ricard and Diageo's carve-up of Seagram is still being felt....
Pernod Ricard will again sell its brands through French retailer E. Leclerc after the two groups settled a year-long dispute over prices....
Pernod Ricard's Blender's Pride Reserve Collection, Royal Stag Barrel Select...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends