just The Facts - Stolichnaya's Distribution Changes
SPI has switched Stolichnaya distribution in a number of regions over the past year
SPI Group announced yesterdayday (14 November) that it will end its Stolichnaya distribution deal with William Grant & Sons in the US. It is not the only move SPI has made on marketing and distribution of the vodka brand over the past year. Here's a just-drinks rundown:
- In January, SPI moved Stolichnaya distribution in Ireland from Barry & Fitzwilliam to Findlater Wine and Spirit Group. The Barry & Fitzwilliam chairman said it had decided to terminate the distribution tie-up.
- A few days later, SPI announced that Brand New Day had replaced International Marques as its distributor for Stolichnaya in the Netherlands. Specific reasons behind the change were not disclosed.
- In February, SPI said it was dropping Stolichnaya's regional suppliers in India in favour of Aspri Spirits.
- In March, SPI Group signed a five-year deal with island2island Beverage Company in Australia after its previous distributor in the country, Suntory, signed a distribution deal with rival Russian Standard. “There's a conflict there as it (Russian Standard) is a main competitor for Stolichnaya,” a spokesperson said.
- Telford International Co became the new distributor for Stolichnaya in mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau in March. An SPI spokesperson said the company is making the change to “further strengthen our depth of distribution”.
Yesterday evening, the Worshipful Company of Distillers hosted a debate in London about gin. Up for discussion was the question: "Gin: A tortuous history with a brilliant future?"...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review