just The Facts - Stolichnaya's Distribution Changes
SPI has switched Stolichnaya distribution in a number of regions over the past year
SPI Group announced yesterdayday (14 November) that it will end its Stolichnaya distribution deal with William Grant & Sons in the US. It is not the only move SPI has made on marketing and distribution of the vodka brand over the past year. Here's a just-drinks rundown:
- In January, SPI moved Stolichnaya distribution in Ireland from Barry & Fitzwilliam to Findlater Wine and Spirit Group. The Barry & Fitzwilliam chairman said it had decided to terminate the distribution tie-up.
- A few days later, SPI announced that Brand New Day had replaced International Marques as its distributor for Stolichnaya in the Netherlands. Specific reasons behind the change were not disclosed.
- In February, SPI said it was dropping Stolichnaya's regional suppliers in India in favour of Aspri Spirits.
- In March, SPI Group signed a five-year deal with island2island Beverage Company in Australia after its previous distributor in the country, Suntory, signed a distribution deal with rival Russian Standard. “There's a conflict there as it (Russian Standard) is a main competitor for Stolichnaya,” a spokesperson said.
- Telford International Co became the new distributor for Stolichnaya in mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau in March. An SPI spokesperson said the company is making the change to “further strengthen our depth of distribution”.
Yesterday evening, the Worshipful Company of Distillers hosted a debate in London about gin. Up for discussion was the question: "Gin: A tortuous history with a brilliant future?"...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts