just The Facts - Stolichnaya's Distribution Changes
SPI has switched Stolichnaya distribution in a number of regions over the past year
SPI Group announced yesterdayday (14 November) that it will end its Stolichnaya distribution deal with William Grant & Sons in the US. It is not the only move SPI has made on marketing and distribution of the vodka brand over the past year. Here's a just-drinks rundown:
- In January, SPI moved Stolichnaya distribution in Ireland from Barry & Fitzwilliam to Findlater Wine and Spirit Group. The Barry & Fitzwilliam chairman said it had decided to terminate the distribution tie-up.
- A few days later, SPI announced that Brand New Day had replaced International Marques as its distributor for Stolichnaya in the Netherlands. Specific reasons behind the change were not disclosed.
- In February, SPI said it was dropping Stolichnaya's regional suppliers in India in favour of Aspri Spirits.
- In March, SPI Group signed a five-year deal with island2island Beverage Company in Australia after its previous distributor in the country, Suntory, signed a distribution deal with rival Russian Standard. “There's a conflict there as it (Russian Standard) is a main competitor for Stolichnaya,” a spokesperson said.
- Telford International Co became the new distributor for Stolichnaya in mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau in March. An SPI spokesperson said the company is making the change to “further strengthen our depth of distribution”.
Yesterday evening, the Worshipful Company of Distillers hosted a debate in London about gin. Up for discussion was the question: "Gin: A tortuous history with a brilliant future?"...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
This is the second edition of our popular ranking of the world's leading spirits brands....
Carbonated Soft Drinks in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also cont...
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites