just the Facts - Coke Zero
Coke Zero celebrates its five year anniversary this year
- Coke Zero was launched in 2005 to meet consumer demand for a 'zero calorie' cola drink, and was targeted at males. The Coca-Cola Co says it has now grown to become the best-selling addition to its CSD portfolio since Diet Coke debuted in 1982.
- The brand is available in around 130 countries in Europe, the Americas and the Pacific. In Spain, Coca-Cola recently launched a caffeine-free version of Coke Zero to target a growing number of body-conscious Spaniards.
- In the firm's second quarter results in July, Coca-Cola noted volume growth of 6% for the brand in Europe and double-digit volume growth in North America for 17 consecutive quarters.
- Coke Zero was highlighted in Millward Brown Optimor's 2010 report of the Brandz Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands. In the list of the most valuable soft drinks brands, the Diet Coke, Coke Zero and Coke Light brand family was worth around US$13.5bn, more than Pepsi-Cola and second only to Coca-Cola.
- Coke Zero advertising in the US began in 2006 with a series of TV spots. In the ads, imposter Coca-Cola “brand managers” attempted to recruit real lawyers to sue Coke Zero for “taste infringement”. Earlier this month the beverage featured in a PepsiCo advert where it was pitted against rival Pepsi Max. In the ad, a PepsiCo driver persuades a Coke Zero driver to try Pepsi Max.
- While launching a raft of successful adverts globally, a Coke Zero ad was banned in Australia last year following complaints by the public that it was "offensive" and "degrades women". A number of complaints were made about the advert, one of which said it sent out the message that "if you drink Coke Zero women will take their clothes off and dance with poles".
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends