just the facts - Coca-Cola Co, CCE deal at a glance
Deal to save Coca-Cola Co $350m annually
just-drinks picks out the essential facts from Coca-Cola Co's deal to acquire the North American operations of its largest bottler, Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE).
- Coca-Cola Co to take control of CCE operations in US and Canada. Deal described as largely "non-cash".
- European arm of CCE to continue as separate entity and will acquire Coca-Cola Co bottling operations in Norway and Sweden for US$822m. It also has the option to acquire Coca-Cola Co's Germany bottling ops.
- Deal to create $350m of annual synergies within four years for Coca-Cola Co and will benefit group earnings per share by 2012.
- CCE shareholders to get $10 per share plus equivalent shareholding in the new CCE 'Europe'. CCE shareholders will get a collective $4bn in cash from the deal.
- CCE handles 75% of Coca-Cola Co soft drinks volumes in the US and all of the company's volumes in Canada.
- The combined North American entity would have had net sales of $19.2bn in 2009.
- Coca-Cola Co to rename North American operations Coca-Cola Refreshments USA and Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada.
- Deal to close in Q4 2010.
For an update on the deal, following Coca-Cola Co's conference call, click here.
In this briefing, Euromonitor International focuses on opportunities for growing global carbonates category volume. As part of the report, Euromonitor International looks to identify growth opportunit...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018