just the facts - Coca-Cola Co, CCE deal at a glance
Deal to save Coca-Cola Co $350m annually
just-drinks picks out the essential facts from Coca-Cola Co's deal to acquire the North American operations of its largest bottler, Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE).
- Coca-Cola Co to take control of CCE operations in US and Canada. Deal described as largely "non-cash".
- European arm of CCE to continue as separate entity and will acquire Coca-Cola Co bottling operations in Norway and Sweden for US$822m. It also has the option to acquire Coca-Cola Co's Germany bottling ops.
- Deal to create $350m of annual synergies within four years for Coca-Cola Co and will benefit group earnings per share by 2012.
- CCE shareholders to get $10 per share plus equivalent shareholding in the new CCE 'Europe'. CCE shareholders will get a collective $4bn in cash from the deal.
- CCE handles 75% of Coca-Cola Co soft drinks volumes in the US and all of the company's volumes in Canada.
- The combined North American entity would have had net sales of $19.2bn in 2009.
- Coca-Cola Co to rename North American operations Coca-Cola Refreshments USA and Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada.
- Deal to close in Q4 2010.
For an update on the deal, following Coca-Cola Co's conference call, click here.
In this briefing, Euromonitor International focuses on opportunities for growing global carbonates category volume. As part of the report, Euromonitor International looks to identify growth opportunit...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages