just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks subscribers this week
Here are the most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
Stock Spirits hosted a visit to its production facility in Poland earlier this week, with just-drinks joining a group of analysts on an early-morning flight to the south-eastern city of Lublin.
Changing a company's name – or a brand's name, for that matter – is a dangerous game. But, in this Search Engine Optimisation age, sometimes the need to change is so great that the risk has to be taken.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed it will stop producing 50cl cans of its high-strength Tennent's Super Lager in the UK as part a commitment to the Government's Responsibility Deal.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's decision to scrap the largest format of its Tennent's Super Lager in the UK seems eminently sensible.
SABMiller today (7 July) confirmed that is has offloaded its 40% stake in South African gaming, hotel and entertainment group Tsogo Sun Holdings.
An undisclosed bidder has apparently offered around US$6bn for San Miguel Corp's majority stake in San Miguel Brewery. The 'elephant in the room' is surely that the bidder in question is Kirin Holdings. Stefan Kirk examines the potential valuation of a potential deal, and the possible add-on consolidation of Mahou San Miguel in Spain.
In the latest of his monthly columns for just-drinks, Ray Rowlands from Drinksinfo Ltd turns his sights on the Middle East, giving a synopsis of soft drinks trends plus a review of recent and forthcoming events affecting the region.
Once the preserve of passionate individuals, with a niche following and limited profitability, the UK's craft brewers are now carving out a market of their own within the country's food and beverage sector.
This month, Chris Losh sets his sights on wine lists and finds a world of unnecessary complexity. Does it have to be this way?
Late last month, editor Olly Wehring spoke with Dr Mehmood Khan, chief scientific officer at PepsiCo. In part one of this interview, Khan discusses the changing role of Research & Development in recent years, and where R&D sits in the company's armoury for growth.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018