just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
Whenever you give a business journalist the opportunity to ask a senior drinks executive – particularly one who works in spirits – a question, you can be pretty certain this will be that question: “How concerned are you about the gaps in your company's portfolio?”
I am en-route to Cork this morning, to attend Pernod Ricard's annual Capital Markets Day. Tomorrow, I will join a wealth of analysts at a series of presentations by the company's leadership team.
Back in 1966, when The Beatles were at their height, John Lennon famously remarked that the group was “more popular than Jesus”.
Today (2 June) is the opening day of the London Wine Fair. After more than a year in redevelopment, the former London International Wine Fair has refocused its efforts and moved its location.
The Russian authorities appear to have succeeded in curbing alcohol consumption in the country. But, to what end?
The interim CEO of Remy Cointreau has admitted the company depends too much on sales in Asia and will instead seek a “geographical balance”.
Earlier today (2 June), brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's wine and spirits brands. Here's a look at 'The Power 100', along with the methodology used to draw up the list.
Where next for Anheuser-Busch InBev? The brewer is still facing long-term concerns over growth in the US, while Brazil may fail to rebound from the current downturn, after the World Cup.
Chris Losh has had a rather unsavoury moment with a natural wine. Brace yourselves.
Is there a hop price crisis? Some beer industry observers believe so. Larry Nelson, however, believes the situation is not as clear as some have tried to make out.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report