just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
Earlier this week, reports broke that Pernod Ricard is looking to sell its Becherovka Czech liqueur brand. Here's a list of facts about Becherovka.
SABMiller’s South African soft drinks business is aiming for up to 5% medium-term annual volume growth, but has warned of current challenges such as a weakening Rand and social unrest in the lead-up to elections.
We're just over two months away from the start of the biggest sporting event on earth: The FIFA World Cup kicks off on 12 June, when host country Brazil take on Croatia in the first match of the month-long tournament.
An on-going rise in the number of women in South Africa choosing to drink alcohol has been identified as an opportunity for SABMiller, with the brewer upping its focus on sweeter beers to capitalise on the trend.
Craft brewers and big beer firms may be on opposite sides of the trenches in the US, but the situation appears to be a little different in South Africa.
Earlier today (31 March), US trade body The Brewers Association released a list of the largest craft brewers in the country in volume terms. Here is a list of the top 50.
Earlier today (31 March), US trade body The Brewers Association released a list of the largest brewers in the country in volume terms. Here is a list of the top 50.
A survey of consumers in India has revealed that alcoholic beverages may have the most to gain from high levels of optimism in the country.
Reports this week that Pernod Ricard is looking to offload Czech liqueur brand Becherovka are on the money. Reuters' story on Tuesday (1 April) was not an April Fool: I have heard that Pernod is considering its options on the brand, which is operated by Jan Becher-Karlovka Becherovka in Czech.
On 1 March, Constellation Brands implemented a new business model for mainland Europe as it pulled out of distribution partnerships and took control in-house. But, it was not the only shake-up for the wine, spirits and beer maker. At ProWein 2014, Andy Morton sat down with Constellation's international general manager & senior VP, Philip Kingston, to talk about the company's expanding global ambitions, including a new tie-up in China for its Robert Mondavi brand.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future