just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
The number of new coffee pod products on the market continues to rise, but environmental concerns threaten to stymie growth. Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor surveys the situation.
Plenty has already been said about the sticky situation that Remy Cointreau has found itself in in the last year, due mainly to its heavy dependency on Chinese fans of international spirits. Enough has also been said about Pernod Ricard's similar predicament.
In an interview with just-drinks last year, the head of Cognac House Thomas Hine & Co warned of the folly of relying on just one market.
From what I have heard today, what looks like a bit of a mess at Remy Cointreau is precisely that.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's plan to buy back Oriental Brewery serves as the strongest indictment yet of the rude health the global brewer is currently in.
A large group of investigators participating in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) study have reported on the association of alcohol consumption with disease-specific mortality over a 12-year period among a very large number of men and women.
Less than a year after the alarm bells started, it would appear that the beer market in Brazil is poised to turn a corner in 2014, with hopes being pinned on this Summer's FIFA World Cup soccer tournament in the country.
Ahead of the Oscars, due to be handed out in just over a month's time, Richard Corbett has some gongs of his own to hand out. In recognition of the best new soft drinks products in 2013, who will win a Corbett?
In the second part of this month's just-drinks management briefing, which looks at the year ahead, global market research and analysis provider Euromonitor considers the next 12 months for those working in soft drinks.
Late last year, just-drinks travelled to New York to interview - for the first time - the CEO of Edrington, owner of the Cutty Sark, The Famous Grouse, Highland Park and The Macallan Scotch whisky brands, Brugal rum and Snow Leopard vodka.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report