just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
It was a tough 2013 for Monster Beverage Corp as a year of court and regulatory battles saw net profits dip in November's year-to-date results.
Even Diageo must have been surprised by the amount of headlines it garnered yesterday.
Back in May, Nichols chairman John Nichols warned that a shift in his firm's focus from carbonates to stills would stymie any chance of full-year growth. It seems his pessimism was misplaced.
The head of Constellation Brands has predicted that Corona Light will spearhead a draught beer sales surge as it rolls out on tap across the US this year.
The London Stock Exchange recently announced that 2013 was its best year for flotations since 2007, with 105 companies raising a combined GBP15.7bn (US$25.73bn) from initial public offerings (IPOs) in the year. Of these, 43 businesses floated on the Main Market and a further 62 groups listed on AIM.
It would have been easy to get carried away with Constellation Brands' third-quarter results yesterday.
Is the stage set for Pernod Ricard to return to a healthier level of growth this year? One analyst believes so, although another has forecast that the company still has a way to go.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd starts 2014 with a look at the latest attempts by The Coca-Cola Co to reverse declining soda sales in its North American homeland.
How likely is it that Anheuser-Busch InBev will get out its chequebook in 2014? The brewer completed its US$20bn swoop for Mexico's Grupo Modelo last year, but one analyst believes its thirst for M&A – inside and outside of beer - remains high.
As his annual preview of the year ahead for the wine world has begun to take on mythical status within the industry, Chris Losh is loathe to tamper with a winning formula. We present, then, Chris's look at what the first six months of 2014 have in store for wine.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research