just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
It was a tough 2013 for Monster Beverage Corp as a year of court and regulatory battles saw net profits dip in November's year-to-date results.
Even Diageo must have been surprised by the amount of headlines it garnered yesterday.
Back in May, Nichols chairman John Nichols warned that a shift in his firm's focus from carbonates to stills would stymie any chance of full-year growth. It seems his pessimism was misplaced.
The head of Constellation Brands has predicted that Corona Light will spearhead a draught beer sales surge as it rolls out on tap across the US this year.
The London Stock Exchange recently announced that 2013 was its best year for flotations since 2007, with 105 companies raising a combined GBP15.7bn (US$25.73bn) from initial public offerings (IPOs) in the year. Of these, 43 businesses floated on the Main Market and a further 62 groups listed on AIM.
It would have been easy to get carried away with Constellation Brands' third-quarter results yesterday.
Is the stage set for Pernod Ricard to return to a healthier level of growth this year? One analyst believes so, although another has forecast that the company still has a way to go.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd starts 2014 with a look at the latest attempts by The Coca-Cola Co to reverse declining soda sales in its North American homeland.
How likely is it that Anheuser-Busch InBev will get out its chequebook in 2014? The brewer completed its US$20bn swoop for Mexico's Grupo Modelo last year, but one analyst believes its thirst for M&A – inside and outside of beer - remains high.
As his annual preview of the year ahead for the wine world has begun to take on mythical status within the industry, Chris Losh is loathe to tamper with a winning formula. We present, then, Chris's look at what the first six months of 2014 have in store for wine.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research