just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
JC Iglesias took over as brand director of Pernod Ricard's gin brand, Beefeater and Plymouth, in August this year after a switch from marketing the company's brown spirits portfolio in the US. In his first interview since taking on his new role, he tells just-drinks why he wants to take gin to a completely new market, what a wider Beefeater portfolio could do and that there really is a gin boom going on out there.
Once a month, the International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, looks at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
It would seem, then, that Whyte & Mackay is poised to welcome yet another new owner in the months to come.
Today, Britvic posted a rise in sales and profits in its full-year results. Here's a closer look at the company's performance by category and region in the past financial year.
Rémy Cointreau is on course for a 30% plunge in operating profits in the second-half of its financial year as Cognac problems persist in China, an analyst has forecast.
This month, Richard Corbett looks at the changing role of the convenience store when it comes to soft drinks and bottled water sales.
Five years ago this month, reports started to emerge that Pernod Ricard was looking to offload its coffee liqueur brand Tia Maria.
In the first part of just-drinks' interview with the head of Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar, Jirí Bocek discussed the company's ownership structure and its position in the Czech beer market. Here, in part two, he tells us about his plans beyond Czech and gives us his view on the never-ending legal tussle with Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Returning from Mexico, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor shares his thoughts on what plastic packaging has to offer, going forward.
Last month, I travelled to Czech to take in a tour of Budejovicky Budvar's brewery in the south of the country. While there, I was granted an audience with group director Jirí Bocek. During our time together, we discussed the firm's ownership structure, its plans for future expansion, and that legal row.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets