just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
Heineken's troubles still have some distance left to run, but the brewer is still set fair for the long term, according to an analyst.
Is Heineken being a bit too tough on itself? In what several analysts have described as a downbeat conference call yesterday, CFO Rene Hooft Graafland described the beer market in Russia thus: “Very, very difficult.”
Pernod Ricard has seen recovery in some sectors of the Chinese alcohol market in Q1, but warned that the time and pace of a revival is still uncertain.
Last week, the European Commission should have received all the budget proposals of the countries in the Euro zone, and will consider them in the light of its recommendations issued back in May.
US soft drinks firms should tackle the “perennial decline” in the CSD category by growing profits through raising prices, instead of focussing on product innovation, an analyst has argued.
So, another US craft brewer has cashed in his chips. John McDonald, founder of Kansas City's Boulevard Brewing Co has agreed to sell a majority stake in the firm he set up 24 years ago to Belgium's Duvel Moortgat.
There's usually a surprise or two at the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) World Exhibition in Cannes.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group's (DPSG) boss has echoed PepsiCo's CEO by admitting he is “shocked” by the decline in diet soda sales in the US and said consumers need educating about aspartame.
The sun is about to turn in for the winter here in the northern hemisphere. As he waves goodbye to a good Summer, Richard Corbett considers what the weather does for consumption across the soft drinks and bottled water categories.
Last week, just-drinks ran the first part of an exclusive interview with Bacardi's president & CEO, Ed Shirley. Here, in the second and concluding part, Shirley discusses the group's white spirits brands, emerging markets and the importance of promoting cocktail culture.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research