just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
Constellation Brands will report its second-quarter and half-year results on Thursday (3 October). Here just-drinks takes a look at the group's highs and lows in the three months to the end of August.
Oaktree Capital Management has relinquished its entire stake in French drinks group Belvédère.
Carlsberg is on the look-out for a new distributor for its Somersby cider brand in the US after “mutually” agreeing to end its relationship with current distributor Crown Imports.
Earlier today (3 October), Constellation Brands released its half-year and Q2 results. With the company completing the full takeover of its Crown Imports beer JV in June, the figures were skewed heavily versus the corresponding period a year earlier. Here, we look a little closer at Constellation's performance
Constellation Brands has said that it has a major opportunity to up its beer brands – such as Modelo Especial - on draught in the US, as it is “underpenetrated” in the format.
The performance of the craft beer sub-category dominates the brewing headlines. Larry Nelson takes an in-depth look at the numbers and details Boston Beer Co's position as the driving force for craft in the US.
As with nearly everything else it’s done, Brewdog’s recent fundraising initiative has been somewhat unusual. While inviting the public to invest in the company through its “Equity for Punks” scheme may be working for the creators of a beer called Tactical Nuclear Penguin, this kind of alternative funding isn’t suitable for everyone.
Tom Vierhile considers the rise of cider - specifically, hard cider - in many markets around the world.
Around five years ago this week, a group of US-based scientists called on all energy drinks producers to include warning labels highlighting the amount of caffeine contained in their products.
Family-owned Chilean wine company Casa Silva has been producing wine from the country's Colchagua Valley on-and-off since 1892. But, beyond the company's history, it has one eye firmly on the future. just-drinks sat down with the group's 44 year-old managing director, Mario Pablo Silva
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future