just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
Wine and spirits exports out of France in the first half of this year rose slightly in value terms but reported a slide in volumes, according to figures released this week.
People always enjoy a good moan about trade events. And so it proved at The Beautiful South today (12 September).
The UK cider industry has made a fresh call for the government to scrap its duty escalator that it claims could hamper buoyant growth.
German winery Reh Kendermann is bracing for a 20% drop in sales to China for its Black Tower brand because of anti-gifting measures in the country, the company's MD has told just-drinks.
European malted barley prices could drop by 14% this year despite predictions of a poor quality harvest in Russia, an analyst has said.
AmBev is likely to use next year's FIFA World Cup football tournament in Brazil to get consumers to “reappraise” its Brahma and Budweiser brands, an analyst has suggested.
US spirits are set to steal volumes from a struggling beer category this year, an analyst has predicted.
Last week, just-drinks caught up with Irish Distillers' CEO Anna Malmhake. Part one of the interview ran on Tuesday. Here, in the second and concluding part, Malmhake discusses Irish whiskey's image, Pernod's competitors in the category and the threat of alcohol legislation in Ireland.
Suntory Food & Beverage didn't exactly swipe Ribena and Lucozade from under the noses of the UK soft drinks industry.
Last week, Irish Distillers held an event to showcase its EUR100m (US$132m) investment in its Midleton Distillery, near Cork. What hopes does the Pernod Ricard subsidiary have for Irish whiskey? Can it build on the category's renaissance and break out of its niche? just-drinks' deputy editor James Wilmore talks to the CEO of Irish Distillers, Anna Malmhake.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends