just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
The positive long-term prospects for Coca-Cola HBC are outweighed by its short-term struggles, but the company should return to high-teens earnings growth by its next financial year, according to an analyst.
Many prospective studies have shown that moderate drinkers are at lower risk of certain types of lymphoid cancer.
Five years ago this week, the US was forecast to become the world's largest wine-consuming market by 2010.
There is a large amount of literature linking heavy alcohol consumption to depression: Most studies show that heavy drinkers tend to be depressed, and that depressed people may self-medicate with large amounts of alcohol.
The Coca-Cola Co's attempts to stem fresh declines in diet CSDs with a campaign in support of artificial sweeteners could rebound to further damage sales, according to an analyst.
A spate of recent trademark rows in the drinks industry has prompted Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business to cast his eye over some of them, to see if there's a common thread.
Pernod Ricard has said that its spate of brand divestments in recent years is not part of a broader sell-off strategy but has admitted to owning a “long tail”of non-core brands.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd casts his eye over Habu, the latest soft drinks launch from The Coca-Cola Co in Thailand.
Earlier today (4 September), the Scotch Whisky Association released details on Scotch exports in the six months to the end of June. Here, courtesy of the trade body, is a table of the 20 largest markets for Scotch in the period.
Marketing a beer brand successfully has traditionally involved partnering with a big event and parting with big bags of cash. But, Larry Nelson has been introduced to a smaller, smarter way to push a beer.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research