just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
Rain and cold in the US this year affected non-CSDs more than CSDs, which continue to show volumes declines no matter the weather, according to an analyst.
Generic marketing, like the editorship of just-drinks, is a tough gig. The promotion to consumers of a complete category – as opposed to a specific brand within a category – is certainly a road well-travelled: The experiences of those who have tried, suggest that said road contains both perils and pitfalls.
A group of Italian scientists has prepared a consensus paper to review the available evidence on the association between moderate alcohol use and health and disease.
Russian Standard has confirmed to just-drinks that the managing director of its European operations has left the company.
Diageo has confirmed that Whyte & Mackay's (W&M) “independence” will remain and its management kept separate, at least until the UK's competition authority has completed its review.
As SPI Group looks to weather a boycott of Stolichnaya in the US, Chris Mercer considers what steps a drinks company should take if - or when - a crisis hits.
The UK Government has vowed to press on with its bid to force the European Union (EU) to change its rules on the definition of wine.
Carlsberg is likely to benefit the most out of the global brewers from lower input costs next year, according to an analyst.
It was the turn this week of a small brewery in England to wander blinking on to the front pages, in a classic David-and-Goliath story that also fanned the Twitter flames. Though, as it turned out, not all was as it first seemed.
Seattle's Jones Soda has been on a financial roller-coaster over the past few years. But with the group edging closer to turning a profit and costs trimmed to more manageable levels, a candid CEO Jennifer Cue tells just-drinks what went wrong, and of the new challenges facing US soft drinks firms in a changing CSD market.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research