just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
Earlier today, Anheuser-Busch InBev reported a jump in first-half operating profits, but global volumes were down. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's performance by region and brands:
Anheuser-Busch InBev's CEO has said next summer's World Cup could add 1.2m hectolitres to the company's beer volumes in Brazil.
It has been shown in most studies that moderate drinkers - especially those who generally consume wine - tend to have other 'moderate' lifestyle factors. For example, they tend to be better educated, of higher socio-economic status, and generally are more active and eat a healthier diet than non-drinkers.
Groupe Danone's CFO has defended its flavoured water brands from accusations they contain too much sugar, saying they sit “at the heart” of the company's health strategy.
Earlier today (31 July), Diageo posted rising sales and profits for the 12 months to the end of June. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the period by region and by brand.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's second-quarter results show that Brazil's beer market has come back on track sooner than expected, analysts have said.
Five years ago this week, it emerged that Bacardi had agreed to acquire a minority stake in premium Tequila producer Patron Spirits.
The slowdown in Brazil and ongoing challenges in Asia Pacific made their presence felt in Diageo's full-year results, although the company has maintained its medium-term guidance.
The ready-to-drink (RTD) category continues to offer growth potential for spirits producers while giving their brands access to consumption occasions they were traditionally excluded from and the opportunity to attract new consumers through product innovation.
Recent figures releases in the US suggest that the growth of craft beer in the country continues unabated. Larry Nelson takes a look at the numbers.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends