just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
Five years ago this month, the global beer world changed forever. After a shorter-than-anticipated period of wrangling, US brewer Anheuser-Busch accepted a US$52bn takeover bid from Belgium brewer InBev, thus creating the world's biggest brewer.
Suntory may use its IPO funds for acquisitions in Africa, with South Africa'a Pioneer Foods Ceres fruit juice a potential target, an analyst has told just-drinks.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a look at the global development of commercialised iced coffee drinks and asks, would a figurehead provide the necessary boost to take the category from its fringe role into the mainstream?
A recent paper by Israel Y et, published in Front Behav Neurosci, presents an excellent summary of the effects of genetically-determined enzymes that affect the metabolism of alcohol; such factors relate strongly to both the rewarding and the aversive effects of alcohol.
Heineken’s exposure in Africa, South-East Asia and Mexico means the group’s medium- to long-term prospects are still strong despite a tough start to 2013, according to an analyst.
Just how good are Heineken and Anheuser-Busch InBev at sticking to their commitments? That's the question SABMiller will be asking itself this week after Mexico's competition authorities finally answered the brewer's long-standing plea to review its rivals' alleged monopolising of the country's beer market.
Grupo Modelo is likely to be worse affected than its rival Heineken by the opening up of Mexico's beer market, according to an analyst.
Britvic is showing no sign of softening its stance on a merger with AG Barr, despite the latest regulatory green light for the move.
Quintessential Brands may not be a name familiar to many. But the burgeoning spirits group, owner of G&J Greenall and backed by former Gruppo Campari CEO Enzo Visone, has ambitious global plans. Last week, just-drinks met Quintessential's international brands & marketing director, Mike Salmon, to discuss those plans and where the company is looking to capitalise.
Japan's Suntory Beverage & Food has appointed Stanislas de Gramont to head its new European subsidiary....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends