just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
The white spirits category is merely an arbitrary pooling together of subsectors sharing some commonalities and more than a few major differences on the basis of the drinks’ primary colours. Euromonitor International’s latest global report ‘White Spirits: Grey Prospects and Golden Opportunities’ offers insights on this most ubiquitous of major alcoholic drinks segments. Senior analyst Spiros Malandrakis provides a brief glimpse of some of the key findings.
PepsiCo's latest innovation Kickstart has gained early traction in the US despite the group's other brands taking a hit from bad weather over Memorial Day, an analyst has said.
Once a month, the International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, will look at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
Western Europe's 2013 malting barley harvest will be good news for brewers with prices expected to fall to 6% below last year's, an analyst has predicted.
China has officially recorded the geographical origin (AOC) of Champagne.
Rémy Cointreau has lined up a EUR30m (US$38.7m) investment to increase the production capacity for its Cognac brand, Rémy Martin.
It is shaping up to be one of the drinks industry's biggest events of the year. This week, Suntory got approval to list its food and soft drinks unit on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, paving the way for the group to raise as much as US$4.7bn.
Earlier this week, Pernod Ricard invited the media and drinks industry analysts to Beijing for a day-long set of presentations on its positioning and potential in Asia. Here's a round-up of the headline facts and figures the company cited about the region.
The US vodka market remains a fierce battlefield. New products continue to flood the sector, while "predatory" pricing policies affect some US states. What should be the approach of established producers? Stand firm and persuade consumers to look beyond price, argues Chris Mercer
Earlier this week, just-drinks editor Olly Wehring visited Beijing to cover Pernod Ricard's latest Capital Market Day. While there, Olly spoke to Alexandre Ricard, the company's deputy CEO & COO, in his first interview since it was announced he would become CEO of Pernod in 2015.
The G8 Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide al...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research