Just-drinks LIWSF 2006 Diary - 10 May
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirit Fair...
Some 18 Greek producers will be present at the Greek Wines stands (B30, B40, C34 and C40). Over 150 wines will be available for tasting coordinated by HEPO, the Hellenic Foreign Trade Board, and 'Kerasma', the new ambassador brand for the promotion of Greek Mediterranean gastronomy to international trade and consumers.
One of the highlights on this year's stand will be guided food and wine tours led by Paloma Campbell, the "authority" on Greek food and wine and the Greek wine writer and educator Konstantinos Lazarakis MW.
UK wine writer and critic Malcolm Gluck and Peter McCombie MW will also both choose their favourite wine from each of the Greek producers present.
This year's stand will include a central wine bar (stand C40), featuring what each of the 18 producers considers to be their top 3 wines, where visitors will be able to discuss and taste a selection of the wines with Greek and UK sommeliers and MWs.
At the FGL Wine Estates stand (D40), Penfolds will be celebrating 30 years of winemaking history to recognise Koonunga Hill. Penfolds' chief winemaker Peter Gago will host tastings spanning 30 years of Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet for media and trade guests.
"Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet is a personal favourite," Gago said. "Wait for the 'right' vintage and invest. Then you will not only have a wine for everyday drinking, but an affordable wine for cellaring! Surprise your friends, reward your bank account and most importantly, drink and enjoy!"
The Cellaret :: Wine Portfolio (stand S14) will have a veritable United Nations of wine present at its stand this year. A total of 30 winemakers and producers, showcasing 104 different wines will be present. Among those attending are Hans & Fransien Haan from Haan Wines in Australia, IWSC's Australian Wine Producer of the Year last year.
The principals of The Cellaret :: Wine Portfolio - Ray Dutton, Anita Doherty and Mike Ritchie MW - will also be available.
To appear in the just-drinks LIWSF 2006 diary, email details to email@example.com.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages