just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2010 - Diary - 5 May
Coming up at this year's LIWF
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…
Chilean winemaker Caliterra (Wines of Chile section P35 – Hatch Mansfield stand) will be presenting two new wines at this year’s LIWF, with an emphasis on sustainability. The Bio Sur line comprises a Cabernet Sauvignon and a Carmenère, sourced from a site currently undergoing organic conversion. The wines will be presented by Carlos de Carlos, export director for Caliterra. Also on show will be new vintages of Caliterra's premium reds, bottled in new lighter weight bottles. Contact -Nicky Hall-Thompson at R&R Teamwork, email@example.com.
Romanian Winegrowers (Stand E30, E40) will announce the results of a benchmarking initiative at this year’s LIWF. The Hero Selection, which comprises a list of Romanian ‘Hero’ wines, will be available to taste throughout the Fair. The activity kickstarts the ‘Taste a New Romania’ campaign, which aims to put Romania back on the buying agenda. Contact - Paul Evans at Rumpus Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chilean wine producer Vina Concha y Toro (Stand O50) will be highlighting the link-up between its Cono Sur wine brand and 'Magnificent Revolution' at the fair. Visitors to the stand will be able to hook their phone up to a charger, on the proviso that they supply the energy by getting aboard the on-stand bicycle and cycling. Also, head winemaker Adolfo Hurtado will be on stand to launch the first vintage of Cono Sur 20 Barrels Limited Edition Syrah 2008. The Concha y Toro stand will incorporate a Fine Wine Room, featuring a number of new vintages of wines with limited availability or on allocation. Contact - Jen MacDonald, email@example.com.
Viña La Rosa CEO Cristobal Ossa (Chile section, Stand P65) will be presenting new releases and award-winning wines from the Cachapoal Valley-based producer at the trade show. Highlights include two new sparkling wines - Sparkling Chardonnay Brut and Sparkling Rose - as well as the La Capitana range, and Don Reca Cuvee 2008. Contact - Guadalupe Sepúlveda, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connoisseur Estates (Stand F6) will showcase its portfolio of Spanish, French, Chilean, and South African wines, aimed at the independent, wholesale and on-trade sectors. Primitivo Gurpegui, who heads up Bodegas Luis Gurpegui Muga will be on stand to launch ‘Nueva Generacion’, a new wave fruit-forward Rioja. Gurpegui will also be presenting wines from his Chilean venture, based in Colchagua, including new vintages of two premium red blends: Baron de Gurpegui Le Petit 2007 (Cabernet Sauvignon/Pinot Noir/Shiraz/Carmenere) and Baron de Gurpegui Gran Reserva 2006 (Cabernet Sauvignon/Carmenere/Shiraz/Cabernet Franc). Contact - Louise Hill, email@example.com.
To appear in the just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2009 diary, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vina Concha y Toro has lined up an advertising campaign for its Casillero del Diablo wine brand in the UK....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research