just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2010 - Diary - 17 May
Coming up at this year's LIWF..
Coming up at this year's London International Wine Fair & Distil…
Fast-Track to France (Stand F40/2) plans to be a “one-stop shop” for French wines at this year’s fair and will be located at the heart of the French Zone. It features three tasting areas segmented according to the new EU wine reform. Tastings will take place with Tim Atkin MW on 18 May and with Simon Woods on 20 May.
Louis Latour Agencies (Stand Q30) will be hold a number of ‘mini-tastings’ beginning tomorrow (18 May) from 1000 with Jean-Philippe Archambaud of Simonnet-Febvre Chablis. From 1400 to 1600, Boris Champy, assistant Domaine director for Louis Latour will be conducting an introduction to Domaine Louis Latour and tasting wines at all levels from the village of Aloxe Corton. For further details contact email@example.com.
Languedoc (Stand G30/8) will present a selection of brands from its Languedoc Roussillon and Gascony portfolio at the fair. Highlights include Prickly French and Esprit Soleil. Also on show will be the ‘Selection Grignon’ Monastier single varietal wines produced in the St. Chinian area and new vintages of the Mission Sud Chardonnay Viognier and Cabernet Shiraz.
The Argentine Export Promotions Council (Stands R30-S30-T30) is bringing a group of 29 wineries to the fair. The range on show will include family-owned and run wineries such as Mendel, Domingo Hermanos and Renacer as well as wines made by some of the country's winemakers including Roberto de La Mota and Mauricio Lorca. Amongst the group are 15 wineries brand new to the UK.
Global Premium Brands (Stand C70) will launch Gin Mare, a new super premium spirit from the Mediterranean at Distil. Inspired by its provenance, Gin Mare has an RSP of GBP35 (US$50) and will initially target London style bars and luxury retailers, with a particular focus on Mediterranean restaurants and London’s burgeoning 'tapas scene'. For further details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- A Keeper of the Quaich writes - Editor's Viewpoint
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends