just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2010 - Diary - 14 May
Coming up at this year's LIWF..
Coming up at this year's London International Wine Fair & Distil…
Foster’s EMEA (Stand L42) will be showcasing its regional boutique and premium tier brands at the fair, as well as unveiling some new product developments. Penfolds will have the latest vintage releases of the Luxury and Icon ranges available to taste – by invitation only - while Foster’s will be launching its new Icons of South Australia collection which includes Annie’s Lane from the Clare Valley, Saltram from the Barossa and Wynns Coonawarra Estate. Sue Hodder, chief winemaker from Wynns Coonawarra Estate will be conducting a Coonawarra masterclass for trade and media.
The Company of Wine People (Stand L62), alongside its UK distributor Percy Fox & Co, will utilise this year’s LIWF to launch new wine styles, packaging, and a series of range extensions for core brands, Arniston Bay, Kumkani and Welmoed. Winemaker Abraham de Villiers will host Arniston Bay range tastings. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Cava producer, Freixenet (Stand T40), will be showcasing a range of wines from its global portfolio at this year’s fair alongside a variety of sessions including a masterclass, led Tom Cannavan on 18 May. Visitors can also expect a tasting by Richard Bampfield MW and a presentation by the Freixenet Cava on-trade team. Freixenet's Geoff Whiting taking a look at the sparkling world of the wine trade - with an opportunity to sample Freixenet Cava on Wednesday. Contact Deborah or Andrew on 01635 281 191.
Ahead of the first 'Cru Bourgeois Reconnaissance' awards in September, L'Alliance Des Cru Bourgeois du Médoc (Stand G50/3) director Frédérique Dutheillet de Lamothe will attend the fair to talk about the new awards system which aims to communicate to trade and consumers the standards of producers in the 8 Médoc AOCs. She will be joined by producers on the stand who have submitted their wines for scrutiny.
Following on from 'The Future of Rose in the UK' seminar last year, the Consejo Regulador Navarra and Navarra Wine Exporters are sponsoring 'Rosé Revolution: The secrets of success' at this year's LIWF. The seminar, chaired by Tim Atkin MW, will look at how the whole Rosé category has burgeoned in the UK in the last 5 years, what has driven consumers to drink more rosé and what the trends are going forward. Guest speakers include James Griswood, wine buyer at Tesco, Blossom Hill's marketing manager, Liz Ashdown, Ana Laguna from Vinos de Navarra and Stewart Blunt, market analyst with Nielsen.
The seminar takes place on the Wednesday from 1400 to 1530. Tickets are free but must be reserved in advance. Email email@example.com.
To appear in the just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2010 diary, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends