just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2010 - Diary - 12 May
Coming up at this year's London International Wine Fair & Distil…
Romanian Winegrowers (Stands E30/E40) will unveil the results of what it says is a major benchmarking initiative at this year’s LIWF. All member companies have been invited to enter wines in a campaign to identify a Hero Selection of wines. The selection will be made by a panel of judges including Masters of Wine and industry specialists. The Hero Selection will be launched on the Romanian Winegrowers stand with the aim of kick-starting discussions and tastings with the trade.
United Wineries (Stand K22) will be present at this year’s fair on a new “avant-garde” stand alongside its partner La-Vis. Together they will show a broad range from Spain and Italy, including mainstream pan-national brands such as Berberana and Canaletto, Cava from Marqués de Monistrol and Cesarini Sforza’s sparkling wines from Trentino. From Italy, Gruppo La-Vis will present the new Storie di Vite Müller-Thurgau Spumante, targeted at the off trade. Contact email@example.com
Global Premium Brands (Stand C70) will celebrate the launch of its super-premium brand Gin Mare at the LIWF, with an on-stand competition to identify its signature Mediterranean botanicals. Bartenders, restaurateurs, and spirits buyers will be invited to identify distillates of the four key botanicals; correct answers will be entered into a draw to win a weekend for two in Barcelona, incorporating a visit to Gin Mare’s distillery. The winner will be announced on stand on 20 May. Contact Duncan Hayter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Goldridge Estate (Stand L70) will make its debut with Bottle Green at this year's LIWF. The winery produces two ranges - Goldridge Estate, and Goldridge Estate Premium Reserve, featuring New Zealand's key varieties from the regions with which they are synonymous, including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, and Riesling from Marlborough, Pinot Gris and Syrah from Matakana, Merlot and Chardonnay from Hawke's Bay, and Chardonnay from Gisbourne. Contact Sarah Thornton at email@example.com
Californian producer Delicato (Stand L30) will launch two new brands on the Bibendum stand at this year's LIWF. The Stone Barn brand comprises three varietal wines, made from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Chardonnay, all sourced from Central Coast and Lodi, with an RRP of GBP5.99 to GBP6.99. The First Press brand represents the best of Napa Valley, at affordable price points. The range includes a Chardonnay priced at GBP12.99 and a Cabernet Sauvignon at GBP14.99. Contact Gareth Groves firstname.lastname@example.org
To appear in the just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2010 diary, email details to email@example.com.
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- A-B InBev GSA head in drink-driving crash
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review