just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2009 - Diary - 6 May
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…
LGI-Alain Grignon Wines (stand H50/7) will be at this year's LIWF along with head winemaker Xavier Roger and UK sales manager Peter Crameri to showcase the recently launched Vins de Différence portfolio. Also available to taste will be some old favourites - and some surprises - from the full range, including the Carignan Old Vines 2008 and Picpoul de Pinet 2008.
Guala Closures Group (stand R3) will unveil its new website at this year's LIWF - www.savethewines.com - which has been set up to lay out the facts about the numerous environmental, financial and quality-saving benefits of aluminium screwcap closures. Visitors to the stand will be able to check out the website's video section featuring a selection of light-hearted, consumer-focused films showing how easy-to-use and straightforward screwcap closures are.
PLB Group (F60) will showcase its extensive portfolio of agencies and own-brands from around the globe at this year's LIWF, including new signings Vergelegen, Delaforce Port and Grove Mill. Old world offerings come from Champagne Jacquart, Burgundy's Antonin Rodet, Spain's García Carrión, top Chianti producer Piccini and Vignobles Lorgeril from the Languedoc.
Provence Wines (stand I22/4), encouraged by the continued growth of the UK rosé wine market, will be showing its "fresh, elegant and aromatic" 2008 vintage wines at the show. Exhibitors range from small, boutique wineries looking for UK representation to larger producers wanting to grow their current presence in the UK on and off-trade.
To appear in the just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2009 diary, email details to email@example.com.
Diageo has fought a successful public relations rearguard action to shut the door on alternatives to its proposed job cuts in Scotland....
Those who have visited the Douro valley in Portugal will agree that it is a unique place. But scratch beneath the surface of this beautiful region and that uniqueness runs deep. So deep, indeed, that ...
Diageo workers in Scotland are to vote on strike action in protest at the company's plan to cut around 10% of its Scotch whisky workforce in the country....
Baltika Breweries, the Russian beer market leader owned by Carlsberg, has begun to export beer to Chile....
St Lucia Distillers' Toz White Gold...
Diageo workers in Scotland, who are disgruntled at the drinks giant's plan to cut jobs in its Scotch whisky business, are calling for a meeting with group CEO Paul Walsh....
Penderyn Distillery's Penderyn Port Wood Single Cask Edition...
Diageo's Talisker 30 Year Old Scotch whisky...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Brewers v Distillers in Nutrition Control Battle
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly