just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2008 - Diary - 6 May
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…
Thierry's (stand C42) is expanding its presence at this year's LIWF, taking a new 100msq corporate stand to "highlight the breadth and depth" of its wine offerings from France, South Africa, Italy, Spain and other parts of the New World.
Breakfast will be served on the stand every morning to encourage visitors to come and relax with the Thierry's team over coffee and a croissant. In addition, winemakers including Ken Forrester, Danie De Wet, Jose Zucccardi and Gerard Bertrand will gather on the stand at 4pm on the Tuesday (20 May) to meet and taste the UK wine importer's wines with customers and other visitors.
Cotes du Rhône (stand I30/1) follows what it describes as "another highly successful year" in 2007 with its presence at this year's LIWF. The trade body saw total Rhône AOC exports rise by 7.9% to 192,400hl in 2007 compared with 2006. Visitors to the fair are invited to stop by at the Cotes du Rhône stand to taste the "acclaimed" 2007 vintage from the French region's winemakers.
Wines from Brazil (stand T62) boasts a bigger stand at this year's LIWF, together with an increase in the number of exhibiting producers. The wine trade organisation has also enlisted the services of The Independent's wine writer Anthony Rose, who will host a tutored tasting on the stand each day.
The wines available to taste on the stand come from Brazil's key grape-growing regions. Serra Gaucha, responsible for nearly 90% of Brazil's wine; Campanha & Serra do Sudeste, the country's newest winemaking area; São Joaquim & Vale Rio Peixe, and the São Francisco Valley.
To appear in the just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2008 diary, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In anticipation of the London International Wine Fair, Chris Losh has put together a few questions, touching on some of the imponderable puzzlements of the drinks industry, for visitors to mull over, ...
The CEO of Constellation Europe has warned that the alcoholic drinks market is facing a "bloody" Christmas in the UK....
Russia's wine market has been thrust into the spotlight in the last couple of weeks, following news that Constellation Brands plans to significantly increase sales in the country....
France's 2008 wine harvest is likely to total 45.6m hectolitres, according to the latest estimates published by the Ministry of Agriculture....
Constellation Brands is looking to double its wine sales in Russia over the next three years, after appointing a permanent sales director in the country....
Diageo Ireland has entered into agreements to acquire a 73-acre greenfield site in Leixlip, Co. Kildare, with the intention to build a brewery....
Lucas Bols has unveiled an addition to its spirits portfolio with the relaunch of Bols Genever in three markets....
Boisset Family Estates has introduced three varietals of French wine in PET bottles made with 'oxygen scavenger' technology for the US market....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits