just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2008 - Diary - 19 May
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…
The Wine & Spirits Trade Association (stand R74) will lead two debates at this week's LIWF and Distil. The seminar will focus on emerging patterns of consumer behaviour and coincides with research from Wine Intelligence on wine preferences and price sensitivity. At Distil, the WSTA will host a forum to discuss developments in the UK spirits market and the potential for importers of foreign brands.
Pernod Ricard UK (stand D50) and newly appointed wine director Nick Blair will demonstrate their category expertise across PRUK's portfolio of wine and Champagne brands at the fair. Offering new wines to taste, there will be a dedicated 'Bubbles Bar', premium wine and Champagne bar and rosé corner. The company will also be introducing its Wyndham Estate wine as well as launching new premium Shiraz Viognier and Shiraz Rosé varietals.
Buckingham Vintners (stand T42) will be launching a new look and name for the company. On stand will also be two new agencies which have recently been added to the portfolio - Domaine Vistalba (Argentina) and HKR (France). Also showcasing an extended range for the '50' brand of 50cl bottles of wine; presenting the innovative Pink Frizzante brand, an aspirational range of sparkling rosés; and re-launching Spanish producer Bodegas Murviedro.
Chalié Richards (stand G40) will feature wines from Rhone and South West agency, Les Chais Beauvaliere, and new ranges from Casa Donoso in Chile. New packaging will be shown for de-alcolised wine brand Eisberg and new labels for number one Argentinian brand Finca Las Moras, along with the Malbec, which won gold at this year's Argentina Wine Awards.
This year sees the launch of Distil, a dedicated spirits show to complement the London International Wine Fair. But, writes Chris Losh, having already failed to secure enough big spirits producers as ...
Stolichnaya vodka's owner, SPI Group, has signed a distribution deal in the US with William Grant & Sons....
Corby Distilleries has reported a 6% rise in net earnings in its first quarter, thanks to a double-digit revenue rise....
Pernod Ricard UK will be rolling out Ballantine's in-store airport promotions until March 2009 as part of its 'Ballantine's Golf Championship - Players Lounge' campaign....
Minimum prices for alcohol, an end to promotions in bars and a new mandatory code of practice are three main pillars of a new Parliamentary report examining alcohol-related harm in the UK....
Chivas Brothers today (10 November) launched a EUR50m (US$64m) global TV and print advertising campaign for Chivas Regal, the company's flagship brand....
Experimental techniques used to reduce alcohol content in wines have been cleared by the EU....
Scroll down to view the top 10 stories published on just-drinks this week....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research