just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2008 - Diary - 13 May
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…
Thierry's (stand C42) will be inviting winemakers Ken Forrester, Danie De Wet, Jose Zuccardi and Gerard Bertrand to the stand to taste their wines with Fair visitors. The French wine importer will be showcasing brands including Chamarré, Caves St Pierre and Mont Tauch, as well as highlighting their portfolio of non-French brands such as Red Truck, Terra Organica and El Prado Spritzer.
Plaimont (stand I40/1, S30) is bringing the new vintage of the Rive Haute regional labels to the UK for the first time. Specifically aimed at the independent trade, the range represents all the regions of SW France. Also on-stand will be the Florenbelle range, and '1907' - a Madiran wine created by a "culmination of efforts from individual growers in Gascony and the Plaimont cooperative."
ZGM (stand G20) will be bringing new wines from France, Spain and Chile to London, as well as an organic Italian range and premium German wine Belliccia. Plus the launch of Entwine, a new range of lower-alcohol premium wine-based drinks.
Wine Association Slovenija (stand Q92) will be presenting wines that have already entered the UK on-trade and introducing some of the more traditional and indigenous varietals present in the wines, such as Refosk, Rebula and Sipon.
The Netherlands-based Scaent Group acquired the mothballed Glenglassaugh Distillery from Highland Distillers in February. After nine months of preparation, the distillery will be up and running by the...
In spite of the economic downturn, the prognosis for the US wine market remains healthy, according to a new report from Wine Intelligence. Wine sales continue to grow year on year, but with per capita...
Experimental techniques used to reduce alcohol content in wines have been cleared by the EU....
Diageo is exploring ways to improve its presence in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, which prohibits the sale of alcoholic drinks bottled outside its borders....
Foster's is looking to tap higher growth in Australia's cider market, with two new product launches....
Drinks wholesalers in Tennessee have hailed a state ruling that prohibits direct shipments of alcoholic drinks....
Thousands of French winemakers have marched through the streets to protest against a growing culture of prohibition in France....
Light drinking during pregnancy does not raise the risk of behavioural or mental problems in children, new research suggests....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets