just-drinks LIWF & Distil 2008 - Diary - 12 May
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair: a seminar on Southwest France, wines from the Languedoc and products from Montilla PX. Read on for more.
Wines from Southwest France (stand I40/1) will be offering a seminar on the region's wealth of indigenous grape varieties by Andrew Jefford on 21 May. He will present his exciting selection of ACs and Vins de Pays wines from the Southwest of France, and will look at how the different terroirs impact on these varieties. The stand will host a further selection of 40 wines and eaux de vie in a generic tasting area. Dr Helen Savage, The Journal (Newcastle) will be present to share her expertise on Southwest wines.
AOC Languedoc (stand I50/7) will be displaying the first wines to carry the new AOC Languedoc appellation which will be available to taste. The CIVL (Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins du Languedoc) will be launching their new, colourful communication campaign to coincide with the release of the 2007 vintage AOC Languedoc wines. The new AOC will be exhibiting alongside Roussillon and Vin de Pays d'Oc under the South of France umbrella.
Montilla PX (stand Q68) will be displaying a range of beverages from producers such as Bodegas Alvear, La Aurora, Moreno, Navisa and Pérez Barquero. Peter McCombie MW will also be hosting a series of on-stand PX and chocolate matching seminars entitled 'Montilla Bites', featuring original combinations devised by Sarah Jane Evans MW of The Academy of Chocolate. The Montilla dessert of PX poured over vanilla ice cream will also be available in the afternoon for visitors.
France's 2008 wine harvest is likely to total 45.6m hectolitres, according to the latest estimates published by the Ministry of Agriculture....
Lucas Bols has unveiled an addition to its spirits portfolio with the relaunch of Bols Genever in three markets....
Boisset Family Estates has introduced three varietals of French wine in PET bottles made with 'oxygen scavenger' technology for the US market....
Fitou, the small wine appellation in southern France, is set to enter the Sud de France umbrella brand in a bid to improve the region's presence in foreign markets....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018