just-drinks LIWF 2013 - Diary - 3 May
Coming up at this year's LIWF
Coming up at this year's London International Wine Fair:
- Virginia Wine (Stand Q12) will be exhibiting at this year’s fair, under the tagline: “Virginia is for Wine Lovers.” Among the wineries on the stand are Barboursville Vineyards, Boxwood Estate, Breaux Vineyards, King Family Vineyards, Veritas Winery and Williamsburg Winery. Making a first appearance will be Prince Michel Vineyards, a new winery in the US state. Annette Boyd, director of Virginia Wine marketing office, will also be on the stand, with Virginia’s Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry, Todd Haymore, making an appearance on the Tuesday and Wednesday. On all three days, between 1200 and 1400, Virginia Wine will be hosting ‘Ham Hours’ on their stand during which time guests can try some Virginia Ham, a speciality of the region, and sweet potato biscuits.
- Abrau-Durso (Stand G52) is returning to this year’s wine fair for the fourth time. The Russian sparkling wine producer will be pushing two prestige cuvées, Alexander II Brut and Rose, which are currently available in several on-trade outlets in London. Also available to taste will be Abrau-Durso Dravigny Extra Brut, 2009, and the Brut, semi-sweet and semi dry sparkling wines from 2012. For more information, contact Vitaliy Ryazantsev at email@example.com.
- South Germany (Stand N21) will host a dedicated stand for the first time at this year's fair. A dozen wineries will show their products, all of whom hail from the German state of Baden-Württemberg. Among the wines available to taste will be Pinot Noirs and Lembergers from the region. For more details, contact Des Jones on +44 (0)1162558499.
- Romanian Winegrowers (Stand G40) will also be attending the LIWF for the fourth year. “It’s been a great year for Romanian wine in the UK with a number of new listings across the on- and off-trade for a number of our members,” said a spokesperson. “Both the international and domestic grape varieties are starting to become recognised for their quality and value, which is our ongoing aim. The LIWF is a great opportunity for the group to present Romanian wine to the UK buyers.” For more information, contact Hannah Evison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To appear in the just-drinks LIWF 2013 diary, please email details to email@example.com.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends