just-drinks LIWF 2013 - Diary - 17 May
Coming up at this year's LIWF
Coming up at this year's London International Wine Fair:
- India’s Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority will host an Indian pavilion at next week’s LIWF. The India Pavilion (Stands E50, E51, E52, E53, E54) will house four wineries: Mercury Wines; Krsma Estates; Fratelli Wines, and Luca Wines. The pavilion is a late addition to the LIWF, having been confirmed this morning.
- Vina Croatia (Stand G30) will have around 30 wineries at its generic pavilion next week, many of which will be seeking UK representation. A ‘pop-up’ restaurant will host two sittings on each day of the exhibition, from 1230 to 1315 and from 1330 to 1415. Wine writer and broadcaster Joe Wadsack will host a ‘masterclass’ on Monday from 1715 to 1800, focusing on the Graševina grape variety. Joe will discuss its debated origins and picks six wines that best express the variety. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Montpellier SupAgro – International Center for Higher Education in Agricultural Sciences – and its Institute for Higher Education in Vine & Wine (IHEV) are presenting a day of seminars on Monday, at the South Gallery room nine. Among the presentations, from 1100 to 1200, Olivier Prothon from Agricole UbiFrance will look at the UK market for wine and the case for French wines. Also, at 1430, Laurent Torregrosa, a professor at Montpellier SupAgro, discusses “Current strategies for developing new cultivars adapted to climate change”. For further information, contact Ghyslaine Besançon at +33 4 99 61 27 30.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research