just-drinks LIWF 2013 - Diary - 14 May
Coming up at this year's LIWF
Coming up at this year's London International Wine Fair:
- Wines of Chile (Stands Q20 and Q22) claims that it will have the biggest presence of any New World country at this year’s wine fair. As part of the organisation's activities, two seminars, hosted by Jo Ahearne MW, will discuss the new regional categories for Chilean wine and their relevance to the wines. Also, Peter Richards MW will host a seminar on ‘Chile’s New Wave Wines’, which looks at attempts to produce wine in some more extreme geographical zones in the country. Peter Richards' seminar takes place on Monday between 1530 and 1615, while Jo Ahearne will host her presentation on Tuesday at 1430 and on Wednesday at 1100. To register your place, contact email@example.com.
- Crush Wines (Stand I22) will showcase a variety of wines at the exhibition, particularly the Prestige des Sacres Champagne. Available to taste will be a new, white-label Brut expression, as well as a Brut Prestige and a Rose Prestige. Also, a Cuvee Dynastie Brut Blanc de Blancs, a Cuvee Grenat Brut 2007 and a Cuvee Privilege Brut 2004 will appear on the stand. For further information, contact Chris Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One new feature at the wine fair will be Speakers Corner, a stand in the hall that will host various presentations. Among the events is ‘Challenge Joe’s Nose’ (Monday and Tuesday from 1400 to 1430), which will see wine writer Joe Wadsack invite exhibitors to bring a bottle for him to taste blind. Exhibitors wishing to submit bottles to this should contact email@example.com. ‘How to communicate with your consumer’ (Tuesday from 1000 to 1030) will see Helen McGinn, author of wine blog and book ‘The Knackered Mother’s Wine Club’, share her thoughts on what the wine industry can do to open ears, eyes and palates to better wines. Finally, in ‘Making your wine labels work harder’ on Tuesday at 1315, Abigail Barlow of wine specialist design agency Barlow Doherty will look at the latest innovation in print and media that could help with drinks packaging. A full schedule of Speakers’ Corner can be found here.
To appear in the just-drinks LIWF 2013 diary, please email details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts