just-drinks LIWF 2013 - Diary - 14 May
Coming up at this year's LIWF
Coming up at this year's London International Wine Fair:
- Wines of Chile (Stands Q20 and Q22) claims that it will have the biggest presence of any New World country at this year’s wine fair. As part of the organisation's activities, two seminars, hosted by Jo Ahearne MW, will discuss the new regional categories for Chilean wine and their relevance to the wines. Also, Peter Richards MW will host a seminar on ‘Chile’s New Wave Wines’, which looks at attempts to produce wine in some more extreme geographical zones in the country. Peter Richards' seminar takes place on Monday between 1530 and 1615, while Jo Ahearne will host her presentation on Tuesday at 1430 and on Wednesday at 1100. To register your place, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crush Wines (Stand I22) will showcase a variety of wines at the exhibition, particularly the Prestige des Sacres Champagne. Available to taste will be a new, white-label Brut expression, as well as a Brut Prestige and a Rose Prestige. Also, a Cuvee Dynastie Brut Blanc de Blancs, a Cuvee Grenat Brut 2007 and a Cuvee Privilege Brut 2004 will appear on the stand. For further information, contact Chris Ellis at email@example.com.
- One new feature at the wine fair will be Speakers Corner, a stand in the hall that will host various presentations. Among the events is ‘Challenge Joe’s Nose’ (Monday and Tuesday from 1400 to 1430), which will see wine writer Joe Wadsack invite exhibitors to bring a bottle for him to taste blind. Exhibitors wishing to submit bottles to this should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. ‘How to communicate with your consumer’ (Tuesday from 1000 to 1030) will see Helen McGinn, author of wine blog and book ‘The Knackered Mother’s Wine Club’, share her thoughts on what the wine industry can do to open ears, eyes and palates to better wines. Finally, in ‘Making your wine labels work harder’ on Tuesday at 1315, Abigail Barlow of wine specialist design agency Barlow Doherty will look at the latest innovation in print and media that could help with drinks packaging. A full schedule of Speakers’ Corner can be found here.
To appear in the just-drinks LIWF 2013 diary, please email details to email@example.com.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk