just-drinks LIWF 2012 - Diary - 9 May
Coming up at this year's LIWF
Coming up at this year's London International Wine Fair:
- Wines of Turkey (stand N20) will present a selection of the wines available for purchase in the UK off-trade at the LIWF this month. Nine wineries will exhibit on the stand, showing wines made from both indigenous and international varieties. The trade body will also host a series of tutored tastings on- and off-stand. The first tasting will take place on Tuesday at 1345, with Tim Atkin MW hosting a tasting in the LIWF Masterclass Theatre, entitled 'Wines from the origin – Indigenous and international grape varieties from Turkey'. Susy Atkins and Jason Turner will also host tastings on-stand, focussing on Turkish wines with UK listings. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Australia and New Zealand wine importer Negociants UK (stand O30) will showcase its entire portfolio at the exhibition and is hosting a raft of folk from the two countries. As well as Peter Barry from Jim Barry Wines, Marc Anderson from Vasse Felix, Katy Prescott from Nautilus Estate Marlborough and Jeff Clarke, Christine Pears and Matt Adams from Winemakers of Ara will be in attendance.
- Southern Rhône Valley and Provence producer Marrenon (stand P40/8) will be at the fair with a selection of wines from its portfolio, all of which are available to the UK off- and on-trade. Chief winemaker Philippe Toleret will be on the stand showcasing recent-release Les Grains Vermentino (RRP of GBP9.99) and Syrah-Grenache blend Sépia (RRP of GBP12.50).
- California's Trinchero Family Estates (stand P15) will have several new releases available to taste, all of which are exclusive to the independent and on-trade sectors in the UK. Jargon Pinot Noir (RRP of GBP9.99), Sutter Home Pink Moscato (RRP of GBP7.99), Pink Sparkling Moscato (GBP11.99) and Pinot Noir (GBP8.99) and Napa Cellars Pinot Noir (GBP15.99) will be on offer on the stand.
- Napa Valley Vintners (California Wine Institute stand P15) will host a number of wineries, who will showcase Cabernet Sauvignons from the 2001 vintage, alongside their current Cabernet Sauvignons and other current releases. Visit the stand to try varieties from Chardonnay to Pinot Noir, Zinfandel and Merlot from wineries including Cakebread Cellars, Grgich Hills Estate, Heitz Cellars, Hendry, Robert Mondavi Winery, Saintsbury, Silver Oak Cellars and Viader Vineyards.
To appear in the just-drinks LIWF 2012 diary, email details to email@example.com.
To attend just-drinks seminar, 'The State of the Nation survey - The UK's wine market in 2012', on Wednesday 23 May at 1615 at the exhibition, click here.
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Bacardi buys Banks rum
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Diageo turns to W Ice in South Korea