just-drinks LIWF 2012 - Diary - 15 May
Coming up at this year's LIWF
Coming up at this year's London International Wine Fair:
- The Argentine Export Council (stands N60-O6) will showcase 22 wineries at this year's LIWF. The range covers a cross-section of large and small producers from each of the key wine regions in the country, and has been designed to appeal to on- and off-trade buyers, agents, distributors and importers alike. Amongst the wineries, there are six producers making their first steps on UK soil, including Zorzal, Viña Qaramy, Garbin Estate and Funckenhausen Vineyards. Familiar names include La Riojana and Don Cristobal as well as award-winning winery, La Guarda from San Juan. Winemaker and consultant Mauricio Lorca will also be present with his own label range.
- Glassware producer Riedel (stand P30) will showcase its new partnership with Enomatic next week, with wine by the glass tastings from the Enomatic Select system. The tastings will highlight the difference the size and shape of a glass can make to one's appreciation of wines, whilst demonstrating the Enomatic select machines. The sessions will be held daily from 1030 to 1230. Also taking place on all three days, between 1600 and 1730, are Spiegelau beer tastings designed to show how the shape of a glass can have an effect on the beer drinking experience. Four different glasses will showcase four different styles of beer. For further details on these tastings, email John.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Concha Y Toro (stand O54) will use next week’s wine fair to re-launch its Cono Sur Bicicleta range. The Chilean wine brand will benefit from new packaging that will be unveiled at the fair. Cono Sur’s head winemaker and general manager, Adolfo Hurtado, will be in attendance, as will Casillero del Diablo’s assistant winemaker, Juan Sabja. Also on the stand, Concha y Toro will have a ‘Fine Wine Room’, where visitors can taste the full Fine & Rare portfolio from the company’s Chilean, Argentinian and Californian wineries. Entry is by invitation only. For further information, email email@example.com.
- Ball Packaging Europe (stand 53) would like to invite you to a canned wine tasting next week. The event, set to take place on the stand on Tuesday at 1500, will be hosted by German sommelier Sebastian Bausinger who will run through a selection of wines from German organic wine producer EB-Secco and French filler Cacolac, which already uses Ball's 'Protected Quality' seals on its cans. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place, by 19 May.
To appear in the just-drinks LIWF 2012 diary, email details to email@example.com.
To attend just-drinks seminar, 'The State of the Nation survey - The UK's wine market in 2012', on Wednesday 23 May at 1615 at the exhibition, click here.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review