just a While Ago - On 5 September in...
Heres what was making the drinks news on this day in years gone by
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
Suntory Beverage & Food has said it is interested in Ribena and Lucozade but denied that it has agreed with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) to buy the for-sale UK brands.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has completed its takeover of a former Foster's Group Pacific Islands brewery and distillery for AUD58m (US$60m).
SABMiller has filed a formal complaint against Foster's Group, claiming that the Australian brewer has misled its own shareholders on debt and future earnings.
Champagne corks may be popping again but the region's trade council will again limit production as it attempts to regain price-points lost during the recession.
Wine exports from the Bordeaux region registered a marked fall in the year to the end of June, according to recent figures.
Beam Global Wine & Spirits has finished a busy week in its strategy to seize back "full and clear control" of its various businesses, group president Tom Flocco has told just-drinks.
Grolsch has lined up two additions to its beer portfolio in its home market, with a view to "breaking through the uniformity" of the beer category.
UK consumers are buying more sports drinks than ever before but remain sceptical of the claims made by producers of the products' health benefits, a report claims today (8 September).
Danone has once more become the centre of attention on the French stock exchange after further reports it was susceptible to a takeover from PepsiCo.
Bacardi is looking to raise a US$4.4 bln syndicated loan to finance its acquisition of Grey Goose.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Soft Drinks & Water - Russia in Turmoil
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- Diageo opens Guinness Brewhouse No 4 in Dublin
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l