just a While Ago - On 30 March in...
Here's what was making the drinks news on this day in years gone by
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
Craft brewers and big beer firms may be on opposite sides of the trenches in the US, but the situation appears to be a little different in South Africa.
- 2013 - just-drinks Closed - Easter
- 2012 - Comment - StarBev to become Star in Molson Coors' Crown?
Molson Coors is placing a US$3.5bn bet on Eastern Europe's return to form via its deal for StarBev.
With full-year profits and sales up strongly, AG Barr could be well-poised to make strategic acquisitions this year.
As Heineken CEO Jean-Francois Van Boxmeer last week hailed the opening of the firm's brewery with Diageo in South Africa as "a victory for consumer choice", it is clear that a new battle for supremacy has begun in a country currently dominated by SABMiller, writes Michelle Russell.
PepsiCo has launched a pilot project to introduce climate friendly vending machines in the US.
The takeover of Scottish & Newcastle by Carlsberg and Heineken moved a step closer today (31 March), with shareholders in the UK brewer voting "overwhelmingly" in favour of the bid.
A French scientific expert has claimed that Syrah could be grown as far north as Champagne by the end of the century due to the effects of climate change.
Through two large and audacious acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has transformed itself from an important player into an international drinks powerhouse in the space of a few years. Olly Wehring met with managing director Pierre Pringuet to discuss the company's progress.
- 2005 - just-drinks Closed - Easter
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
When drinks executives see references to 'disruptive influences' in retailing, they may well brace themselves for an uncomfortable haranguing about binge-drinking in pubs or town centres. It might com...
This month, soft drinks commentator Ray Rowlands takes a look at how various beverage companies are still keeping bubbles alive, despite the on-going decline in the world's carbonated soft drinks mark...
Heineken's head brewer has said making a good alcohol-free beer is the "ultimate challenge" for beer companies, but stopped short of confirming one for its Heineken brand....
Berry Bros & Rudd has renamed the Alba Reserve expression of its Glenrothes single malt Scotch whisky as the Bourbon Cask Reserve....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research