just a While Ago - On 27 May in...
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here
Here's what was making the drinks news on this day in years gone by
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
In this month's look at sustainability issues in the drinks industry, Ben Cooper argues that, however much has been done in the past in this arena. there is always more that can - and should - be done going forward.
The Bourbon category is seeing the biggest "hollowing out" effect in the US on-trade as market share for both high-end and value brands grow, according to latest figures.
Pernod Ricard has played down suggestions that it is behind the growth curve in Africa as it looks to increase it presence in the area.
What started yesterday (24 May) as a review of operations just in Europe for Diageo, has spread today to become a company-wide consideration of how to create "a more cost-effective organisation".
Foster's Group has indicated that it will listen to takeover offers, after its decision to demerge the firm's wine and beer businesses rekindled market speculation.
A major trade show can offer telling clues as to the health of an industry. Chris Losh went to the London International Wine Fair in search of positive signs but found few.
Shares in soft drinks group Cott Corp. rose sharply yesterday (27 May) after the private equity group Crescendo Partners said it had acquired an 8.7% stake in the Canadian-based private-label specialist.
Argentina's wine exports are expected to reach record levels for the year, according to reports.
Environmental pressure group Greenpeace has said that France's Champagne region is under threat from radioactivity coming from a nearby nuclear waste site.
Heineken has renewed its contract with UEFA to sponsor the Champions League for a further three years.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts