just a While Ago - On 24 April in...
Here's what was making the drinks news on this day in years gone by
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
Earlier this month, private equity fund KPS Capital Partners committed to pay Ardagh Glass a not inconsiderable sum of money for Anchor Glass. But, will it be money well spent? Richard Corbett investigates.
China's emerging wine consumers are "wired to the gills", and it already looks as if any prospective exporters to the country will need to make the internet a central part of their strategy.
Earlier this year, just-drinks sat down with David Gates, the global category director of whisk(e)y at Diageo, to talk about Johnnie Walker, Formula One, Scotch and the other whisk(e)y sub-categories.
- 2011 - just-drinks Closed - Easter
- 2010 - Research - Global beer players under the microscope
The wave of major consolidation activity in the beer market over 2008 was followed by weakening volume growth in 2009 as the economic downturn put a dampener on bullish tactics. With the global beer landscape and future growth opportunities realigned, Euromonitor International’s latest global briefing ‘Strategies for Growth in an Increasingly Consolidated Global Beer Market’ deciphers the measures that companies have taken in light of this new operating environment and how they fit in with long-term strategies. Spiros Malandrakis, Alcoholic Drinks Analyst at Euromonitor International, investigates.
India's United Spirits expects its volume sales to grow by 17% this year, despite the global economic downturn, company president Vijay Rekhi has told just-drinks.
- 2007 - CFO switch at Bacardi
Bacardi has appointed a new CFO. The privately-held drinks company confirmed today (27 April) that Graham Hetherington will assume the position from next Tuesday.
José Ramón Fernández took up his post as secretary-general of the Brussels-based Comité Européen des Enterprises Vins (CEEV) in March. He spoke with David Haworth about his hopes and ambitions at a critical moment for the European wine industry as it grapples with over-production and New World competition.
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
Pernod Ricard's MD of finance & operations has said the company will only innovate around its Jameson brand "with substance". ...
Diageo has partnered with film director Brett Ratner to bring to market whiskey comprising a blend of Bourbon, Tennessee whiskey and Rye whiskey....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research